F20: Cisco vpn does not launch after a couple of wake-ups from hibernate

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jan 9 21:06:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 08:21:06AM -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> > If you insist on using proprietary solution rather than free and open
> > one, go ahead, knock yourself out.
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/Services#Cisco_AnyConnect_VPN
> > http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-3.html
> > Good luck with that, Ran. ;)
>
> Thanks for your e-mail, poma. Btw, you got my name wrong, but anyway.
>
> Well, I agree with you on staying off proprietary solutions, but as with
> flash, I don't really have an option here. The Cisco vpn is needed to
> be a node on my employer's network sot that I can access stuff that
> they have a license for. It is the only thing that they will accept.
> Openvpn never worked for accessing there: I have tried earlier and for
> insane amounts of time (a few Fedora's ago, to no avail.)
>
> I will look into this, but it seems that the agent is not started or
> killed after a couple of wakeups from hibernate. This did not use to be
> an issue earlier (F19 and before).

I have missed the earlier parts of this thread, so plsl forgive me if
I'm re-covering something.

for cisco vpn thyere's vpnc, which should be available in the standard
repos, and for their SSL vpn there's anyconnect. I've used both and have
had good luyck with both,

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.