OCR

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 10 05:50:27 UTC 2014

hello robert.

> For f20, is there an OCR program for extracting the text out of a pdf
> scan?

do you have the pdf file or are you talking about files that were
run thru a scanner?

> I have an old document of 'Assembly Instructions'.  Some can be
> found at:
> http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~bcd/humor/instruction.set.html,
> but I have a few more.  And a lot less.

that is a dead link.

> But I want the ones that were passed around in my assembly writing
> days (early 80s).

in past, i have had need to convert pdf files to text files. the
2 linux programs that i  used where "pdf2txt" and "pdftotext".

i do not know if binaries are available for f20, if not, there are
plenty of sites with source.

   https://ixquick.com/do/search?q=%22pdf2text%22+%2Blinux&lui=english

gives about 19,310 results of information. 1st page has what is needed.

do not know about, other than "calibre" at;

   http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

also, as i understand, you can use google docs to convert a pdf file
to a text file.

last, but not least, adobe reader can export text from a pdf file.

hth.

much luck.

--

peace out.