dnf-yum observation - link corrected

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Jan 10 14:46:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:25:08 +0000 Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:17:52 -0600
> Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
>

> > This is not true. Try yum install zikula on a F20 machine.
>
> sudo dnf install zikula
> Automatic local repo. (manged by the "local" yum
> plugin).
> 31 MB/s | 1.3 MB     00:00 Resolving dependencies --> Starting
> dependency resolution ---> Package zikula.noarch 1.2.3-5.fc19 will be
> installed
> <snipped>

OK, I think that things snipped out out it out of context.

Here is what was written:

By me:

> > I tried dnf. One major issue that I did not like is that I asked it to
> > install a bunch of stuff, one of which was not available (in F20).
> > That meant dnf would not install anything.

Response:
> yum won't install stuff that's not in F20 repos either, unless
> --releasever= is passed.
> If I understand correctly,

My response: But this (that --releasever has to be included) is not
true.

This point has nothing to do with dnf and as I clarified, this is not
what I was talking about.

Ranjan

> ___
> Regards,
> Frank
> www.frankly3d.com
>
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.