Network Manager power drain

William Murray bill.murray at cern.ch
Sat Jan 11 11:10:08 UTC 2014

   Thanks to 'fedora' for replying,
     I am not sure how to make the threads work when I see this list in
batched mode. His reply is here:

|Do you need exactly NetworkManager? If you only have static connections
|you may use network.service instead of NetworkManager.service
|
|systemctl stop NetworkManager
|systemctl start network
|systemctl enable network
|systemctl disable NetworkManager
|
| suomi

Alas this does not work. Start network fails. It seems NetworkManager is not
the problem, the bridge probably is.
brctl show says:
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
virbr0        8000.000000000000    yes

There was a nic-virbr0 interface, but some googling said it should not
be there,
so I deleted it and see no change. So I still see powertop reporting

   22.5 W      0.0 pkts/s                Device         nic:virbr0

which seems unreasonable for a small device
However, now I realsie bumblebee is not working, so maybe the nvidia card
is the real culprit..I'll look there..
    Thanks,
    Bill