ssh difference with Fedora 20

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun Jan 12 06:50:40 UTC 2014

Last week I got 21 new machines for my classroom to replace the 8 year old
machine. Old machine had Fedora 17 with 1 having 18 and 1 with 19. That
all worked well, but installed Fedora 20 on the new machines in addition to
the Windows 7 the machine came with. Have run into 1 issue so far.

With Fedora 20, when I ssh into other machines using plink to run commands
to do various things, it all works fine with one exception. If the command has
a reboot option, it just sits there. The remote machine does reboot, but the
connection doesn't close? End up having to kill the process to get it to go on
to the next line of the script to do the next machine.

With Redhat 9 thru 17, there was never a pause, it would go on to the next
machines connection. With 18 or 19, it would display a message about the
connection being closed, but would go on quickly. With Fedora 20 it is
different. Machine running the script at moment is still 17, so it didn't change.

Tried using reboot, shutdown -r now, and systemctl options, and all have the
same issue.

Doing a simple command link ls, results in going from one machine to the
next with no pauses.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA      9862789.474473   |   SETI        17244147.477070
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    15021713.129852