GNOME Shell Screen Lock - Timeout

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 18:20:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

Fedora 20 here with GNOME Shell, fully updated.  If I go to
gnome-control-center/privacy and change the time after which the screen
locks it does nothing.  No matter what I enter there it still ocks after
5 minutes of inactivity.

I can query the actual value with:

# gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay
uint32 300

I can set it with:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 600 (for 10 mins).

...and it works.  I'm just wondering what's wrong with the Privacy applet.

Is it only me or is it a known issue?  A search on bugzilla didn't
return anything.

Best regards,
Jorge