GNOME Shell Screen Lock - Timeout

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 21:16:56 UTC 2014

On 01/12/2014 04:53 PM, Tim wrote:
> Is it, now:
>
> 15 minutes to blanking the screen, then
> 30 seconds after blanking it, lock it?
>
> The extra delay giving you a moment to abort locking the screen, if it
> winks out while you're just looking at something on screen.

15 minutes after idle to blank screen (configured in the Power applet)
30 seconds after idle to lock screen (configured in Privacy applet)
which is not working.

The delay to abort locking you mention...I haven't seen any setting for
that.

Also, just found out that when you manually lock your screen (on the top
right corner) or by pressing SUPER+L it also shuts off your screen as
well! Very annoying.  There's a bug open for that but apparently the
gnome developers aren't convinced yet.

--
Jorge