ssh difference with Fedora 20

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Jan 13 09:22:31 UTC 2014

On 13 Jan 2014 at 6:28, poma wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:28:42 +0100
From:           	poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com>
To:             	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject:        	Re: ssh difference with Fedora 20
Send reply to:  	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

<mailto:users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe>

> Dropbear(dbclient) also works nicely,
>
> $ time dbclient -i .dropbear/dropbear_priv -l poma raw
> Last login: …
> $ systemctl reboot -i
> ==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.login1.reboot ===
> Authentication is required for rebooting the system.
> Authenticating as: poma
> Password:
> ==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===
> $
> real	0m4.773s
> user	0m0.024s
> sys	0m0.010s

Thanks for the info, but am still getting various results. I want to automate the
process since I generally use this to connect to the other 19 machines in the
classroom, so the plink with the commands requires no typing on keyboard.

The issue I've seen is that sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it takes 1
1/2 minutes or more to reboot, and on some cases it never reboots.  I have
found on reference that mentions using sync ; then reboot with the -force
option, and that always seems to work, but using a force option doesn't
sound like the best method. The ideal was the sync would get stuff written.

Will have to do more testing.

> poma
>

> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA      9894257.174270   |   SETI        17280158.156095
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    15060552.839852