unable to add online accounts in Gnome

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Mon Jan 13 17:31:51 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 11:21 AM, g wrote:

> On 01/13/2014 10:32 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
> <>
>
>> I'm not talking about Thunderbird. I'm talking about Gnome itself.
>>
>> gnome-control-center
>>
>> then "Online Accounts"
>
> my bad. i was reading a string of threads and did not notice your
> "Subject:".
>
> i dumped gnome when kde was released and have not used it from
> that  time, so i can not offer help with gnome.
>
> tho i am curious as to why you would set up an  online account
> with a desktop.

I'm curious, too. I want to see what it does.  When I had it working
with Google, my calendar displayed when I clicked on the date/time. But
my calendar is on my phone, iPad, Mac, and in Thunderbird, so it didn't
add any value there.  I want to play around and see if I can figure out
why Gnome developers thought attaching accounts to a shell is a good
idea.  Also, I think it can integrate with github and that would make my
life a little easier when I use git from the command line.

--
-- Steve