"liveusb-creator" versus "livecd-iso-to-disk"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Jan 13 17:52:42 UTC 2014

  background: i'm teaching a linux admin class next week and i will be
supplied with laptops for the students that i've been asked *not* to
overwrite, so my plan is to create bootable *and writable* USB drives
for everyone. (the course will actually run on RHEL/centos 6.5 but i'm
assuming my question is still relevant.)

  as i read it (and i could be totally misunderstanding what i'm
reading), "liveusb-creator" does *not* give me a writable system,
while "livecd-iso-to-disk" can, using the "--overlay-size-mb" option.

  i'm going to be getting the laptops on very short notice so i want
to create a number of bootable, writable USB drives. has anyone else
done this? am i right in concluding that "livecd-iso-to-disk" is the
way to go? (and would this also work similarly for centos 6.5?)

  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca