"liveusb-creator" versus "livecd-iso-to-disk"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Jan 13 19:02:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney at practichem.com> wrote:
> > and I've created bootable CentOS drives (including 6.5) several times
> > with it and it works fine.
>
> ...Until the writable space fills up.

  just to be clear, what i'm after is a full, bootable (and
modifiable) linux system, booting totally from USB drive. in my case,
it needs to be centos 6.5, and it needs to allow students to do *some*
persistent mods to their system -- not a lot, basic configuration,
that sort of thing.

  so, does liveusb-creator handle that? if so, i'll go with that.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca