Root Frustrations

mike mike at azdwiggins.com
Tue Jan 14 06:25:59 UTC 2014

In conjunction with a major hardware upgrade I started looking into
upgrading the software from the Fedora 14 my web servers are on now to
either Fedora 19 or 20.  I started loading them up on an in-house test
server.

I have come to the conclusion that the powers that be have finally
totally prevented root from logging into a graphic environment. Before
the deluge of why root should not log in, I have some reasons that deal
with the way I remote in from on the road (which is a lot).

I have searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find a way to allow
root to login as the easy to fix block in gdm seems to be gone.

Any ideas?

Mike D.