what's the point of filing bugs against Fedora?

pgaltieri . pgaltieri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:54:58 UTC 2014

Even reporting upstream doesn't always help.  The problem I mentioned has
been sitting upstream for 3 weeks with no response.  I had to create a
github account just so I could post asking for an update.  The general
issue is there is an inconsistency with how Fedora bugs are dealt with.
Some bugs are triaged and re-assigned to the appropriate component if
necessary. Some are redirected upstream where they sit for weeks without
being addressed, and others are not addressed at all.

If it's preferred that bugs against products are reported upstream is there
a document that maps Fedora components to upstream sites?

Paolo