example kickstart (ks.cfg)

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 20:03:59 UTC 2014

Hi.

Looking to see how to craft a kickstart (ks.cfg) file by hand that
demonstrates the overall process of setting up a hidden partition, as
well as regular partitions on the drive.

I'm looking to play with creating a regular install of centos (or
whatever) on the main partitions, as well as do some test pre/post
commands..

At the same time, I'd like to create a hidden partition that I can
then do some pre/post functions to play with how the hidden partition
gets created.

The end goal, would be a test process that would allow me to
"install"/boot into either side.

As to the hidden partition, I'm assuming that this implies me creating
a partition that's not viewable from the df -h commands... Or am I
missing something here. Or, maybe a better question, is there a way to
create a partition that I can boot into that can't be seen by the
casual user using the usual system/disk cmds?
>>(Looking over different sites/ariticels via the net, not sure about this part!)

So, any pointers to sample cfg files would be helpful!

thanks