What is Gnome Screensaver?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Wed Jan 15 10:57:15 UTC 2014

Around 10:29am on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 (UK time), Tim wrote:

> Even as far back as, at least, Fedora 17, Gnome's screensaver will only
> blank the screen.  I miss the picture slide show screensaver, and
> installing the old X screensaver was a seriously broken attempt at
> getting that feature back again.  It's as buggy as hell.

I have had problems with screensaver in recent versions of Fedora, and
ha given up on it and just went with the standard blank screen. I have
found that with Fedora 20, it works fine.

# yum install xscreensaver

And use Screensaver to configure it. I also used the power settings to
set blank screen to never.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com

 10:51:54 up 27 days, 18:21,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.70, 0.54