Audio problems

Christopher Ross fdra6390 at tebibyte.org
Wed Jan 15 11:17:20 UTC 2014

This could be related to a regression I am seeing on Fedora 20. Pretty
much every time a user logs in (or switch user) on Fedora 20 with KDE the
audio output defaults to "headphones" and I have to manually change it to
"line out", even though there is nothing connected to the headphones
socket and there is an amplifier connected to the line out socket. If I do
plug in headphones thereafter, the sound switches to headphones as it
should. This used to work exactly as you would expect (i.e. defaulting to
"line out" unless there are headphones plugged in) under Fedora 19 and 18
before that on exactly the same hardware.

If anyone can point me to a solution I would be grateful.

Regards,
Chris R.