How can I make systemd stop grabbing NFS mounts?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Jan 15 19:41:25 UTC 2014

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> How do I make it stop? How do I get systemd to leave
>> NFS mounts utterly and completely alone? I DO NOT CARE
>> if they are properly unmounted by crossing all I's and
>> dotting all T's. I just want to frigging REBOOT!
>
> Add "noauto" to the mount options of the NFS share in your fstab.

Sorry, I see you're asking about shutdown time. There are no shutdown options
for mounts. You might try a custom unit file that forces an umount on shutdown,
but that's about as best as you could do. You could also try adding
"x-systemd.device-timeout=10" to reduce the timeout to 10 seconds (or less).

If you want network shares that behave better when shares are not available I
suggest looking at GlusterFS.