How can I make systemd stop grabbing NFS mounts?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 20:18:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:55:19 -0700
Pete Travis wrote:

> I'm not clear on why the creation of a mount unit is the culprit here.
> Hasn't of always been the case that filesystems are unmounted during
> shutdown? Hasn't unmounting of unavailable NFS mounts always hung until
> timeout?

Not when it was dead easy to change the init script to stick
an '&' on the end of the umount command, it didn't wait then, and
even when you forgot to do that, it didn't take hours to
timeout like systemd does.

But of course, according to the devs, it is a common myth that
systemd isn't scriptable, so obviously there is a simple way to
change this behavior, right? (Though I've been poking through
the source and it sure looks to me like the only way to change
this is to rebuild from source and check fstype for "nfs" to
prevent it from trying forever to umount it).