Xsane only as root -

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jan 16 00:39:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 06:35:26PM -0500, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> Xsane can only find the scanner as root.
>
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04a9:1909 Canon, Inc. CanoScan LiDE 110
>
> This is an F-20 64 bit xfce system. I can probably get by this way
> but it is inconvenient.
>
> What do I need to change?

Bob:

Just as a form of encouragement: it works fine on my Canon LiDE 210,
on Centos 6.x.

Have you worked through this document? http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux
especially parts 3.3 and 3.4 ???? (although I don't seem to have needed to
do the 3.4 part, as I have no "scanner" group and mine works.)

Good luck!

Fred
                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.