Xsane only as root -

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 19:43:18 UTC 2014

On 16.01.2014 19:59, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
>> On 16/01/14 11:52, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>>
>>> IIRC, no.
>>> I had to modify udev rules.
>>
>> I looked at that yesterday but don't see a way to fix the problem, don't
>> understand how to! I'm out of my range of abilities I guess?
>
> Here is what I did:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2013-September/137284.html
>
>> I've simply created a script to change the permissions when I need
>> xsane. No doubt it will be different for Fedora 20 ...

$ man 7 udev
…
RULES FILES
       The udev rules are read from the files located in the system
rules directory /usr/lib/udev/rules.d, the volatile runtime directory
       /run/udev/rules.d and the local administration directory
/etc/udev/rules.d. All rules files are collectively sorted and processed in
       lexical order, regardless of the directories in which they live.
However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in
       /etc have the highest priority, …

So this is a good place for your custom rules, whether they are
identical to those installed or are authentic:
/etc/udev/rules.d/

poma