Error: Multilib version problems found

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 17 03:37:53 UTC 2014

I run x86-64 bit Fedora 19. Have used sudo yum update for years all
versions of Fedora, but since  a couple of days ago I get an error:
--You have an upgrade for openssl-libs which is missing some dependency,
etc, and,
--Protected multilib versions: 1:openssl-libs-1.0.1e-37.fc19.i686 !=
1:openssl-libs-1.0.1e-36.fc19.x86_64

I ran: sudo yum update --exclude openssl-libs-1.0.1e-37.fc19.i686, yum
update continues correctly.

Searching google I cannot find a way to determine what actually requires
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-37.fc19.i686 to operate or if it's even needed with
the x86-64 version installed. I suspect it may be something skype needs
because skype is still 386 technology.

Is there a yum command to determine which packages depend on the i686
version and whether the i686 version can be erased with no damage?

Thank you in advance
Roger