F20: yum gives strange messages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:02:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:05:58 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:

> I saw archive just after sending the message (shame on me): I updated to
> selinux policy in updates-testing, that seems to solve the problem: any
> action to do toclean the system or the system will be cleared by itself??

Hard to tell. It depends on what packages you've installed/updated after
the bad policy package (-116.fc20) and how many steps in "yum history" you
could undo using "yum history undo …"). Or check out the top of

  rpm -qa --last|less

up to the selinux-policy*-116.fc20 package.

Some of those packages could contain scriptlet sections that may be
important. For instance, a kernel package update may be missing from the
GRUB menu. Many updates would only redo some things that have been done
before (such as updating various cache files, e.g. but not limited to
shared libs, icons, MIME type databases). Future updates of the same
or similar updates would run similar scriptlets (e.g. the ldconfig tool)
and fix anything that's missing. Services may need to be registered/restarted
manually.

If you don't notice anything wrong, I wouldn't worry, but keep an
eye on what other users may notice. ;)