nfs mounts fail at boot if bind is running....

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jan 18 09:34:12 UTC 2014

I suppose this is more of an FYI until I can determine where the bugzilla goes.....

If you use a "hostname" in your fstab for nfs mounts and your system is running bind and the resolv.conf is set to 127.0.0.1 the nfs mounts will fail at boot time.  This is true even if you have NetworkManager-wait-online enabled and an entry for the host in the hosts file.

Examining the journal shows that the mount attempt happens prior to named getting started, obviously.  :-)

Sort of leaning towards a systemd bugzilla

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts