email failure (was: mock fail under F20)

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 10:07:35 UTC 2014

Hello Richard,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 06:13:14PM -0800, Richard Vickery wrote:

> This is originally how this server has set the return mail as; I can
> possibly talk to the university computer people about fixing the
> program so that I can have the option of bottom-post correctly, such
> that it is readable. I switched from Gmail because, as I stated a few
> weeks ago, I no longer like Google using my information - without, at
> lest, paying me for it. I will talk to them on after the weekend about
> making it easier to read, and it will not be fixed in a day; maybe a
> week; maybe a month - possibly more than a month; institutions tend to
> move at the speed of a tortoise.

I didn't realise you are from SFU until you mentioned your university!
I used to be a student there too, so I happen to be familiar with their
email system.  As far as I know they use Zimbra.  I think you are using
the web-interface.  In the configuration you can set the quoting style.
See the 3rd last bullet under "Composing":

<http://www.zimbra.com/desktop/help/en_US/Userspecific/z-Setting_your_Desktop_Preferences.htm>

Following this, you can easily do interspersed quoted replies.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu