Missing dialog title bar

Marco Maccaferri macca at maccasoft.com
Sat Jan 18 12:34:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm using Fedora 20 and I've noticed that some dialogs don't have a
title bar anymore. Initially I tought it was an issue with a specific
application but after some testing I found that all modal dialogs don't
have a title bar, while modeless dialogs (and application windows) have
the title bar.

Since this is the first Gnome 3 installation I have ever done, I'm a bit
lost at understanding what is the cause of this issue. Is it the new
GTK3 ? It is Gnome3 itself ? It is the theme ?

In the gnome tweak tool I have set:

Window: Clearlooks-Phenix
GTK+: Adwaita
Shell theme: None (Default)

Is there a setting that restores the title bar for modal dialogs ?

Regards,
Marco.