email failure

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 23:26:16 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:17:06AM -0800, Richard Vickery wrote:

> The problem with bottom-posting on this server is that when I send, it
> is hard for some, perhaps everyone, to know where the quoted message
> stops and my contribution begins. If you go to the bottom of this
> email you will see that your contribution is not "quoted" as such, and
> - especially if the same font were used - you can't really tell
> without paying really close attention to the "--" where the exchange
> starts.

Two comments:
1. I think you missed the instruction I was pointing to in my earlier
   response[1]; I'm quoting it below.

     Specify whether to prefix each line with > of | for the previous
     email messages that are forwarded or replied to, if you chose to
     quote original text.

   If you use the above, level of quotes are easily distinguishable.
2. The signature string is "-- ": that is two dashes, followed by a
   single space.  Without the single space, the special meaning is lost.

Hope this helps,

Footnotes:

[1] <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-January/445649.html>

--