f20 - Suspend not working

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jan 19 01:02:27 UTC 2014

f20 x86-64 on my Lenovo with all the problems I had installing x86_64.

Well I **think** suspend was working, and now it barely works.

Closing the notebook, does nothing except hose Gnome, which restarts on
opening the notebook, and all my apps go into the current workspace (I
have tweaked to have 5 static workspaces).  This use to put the notebook
into suspend and would come out with no problems for Gnome.

There is no suspend function available from the top bar.  There is an
extension to add hibernate, but it does not seem to provide suspend.
And anyway, hibernate is broken on this Lenovo.

Suspend via sudo pm-suspend works, but seems to still have a problem
with gnome restarting.

I am leaving for LA tomorrow for a week an IEEE 802 wireless interim,
and in and out of suspend is MANDATORY.  Typically I would do it a dozen
times per day.  I don't like walking around with my notebook open in my
hand from session to session (though had to do it once).

thank you for any help.