email failure

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 13:45:03 UTC 2014

Hi Patrick,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:16:40PM +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Allegedly, on or about 18 January 2014, Patrick O'Callaghan sent:
> > > In particular, you should avoid top-posting and posting in HTML.
> >
> > Are you going to facepalm, or am I going to smirk?  At the least, I am
> > amused.
> >

> Not sure I get your point Tim. My reply was not top-posted and used plain
> test. Part of the quoted material may have been in HTML so I guess in all
> rigour I could have made sure to avoid that. Frankly I didn't think of it.

It's the Gmail trap; even though it seems like plain text, it is not.
You have to explicitly choose plain text (lower right of the compose
window I think).  Once you do, then it becomes obvious that it was not
plain text before.

Hope this helps,

PS: Your latest response also had an html part.

--
Suvayu