Password for shutdown -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jan 19 14:57:09 UTC 2014

On 19/01/14 09:16, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> On 01/19/2014 09:07 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>
>> Fedora 20 requires a password to shutdown. This is something new,
>> I've used Redhat and/or Fedora Linux for a long time and never had
>> this requirement. I am the sole user of this computer and see it as
>> an annoyance, more so when rebooting than for shutting down at night.
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>
>> Bob
>>
> Hmm,.......do you mean in the GUI?...or from the Terminal? because I
> have shut-down my F20 machine and never had to type anything. (I've
> never tried it from the Terminal though.....so it might actually be
> that you need to type on in order to shut down.)
>

> EGO II

I never had the problem before, I think it began with the installation
on this computer, the only F-20 I have, others are F-19 and SL-6 and do
not require password to shut down. I usually, but not always, shutdown
from an XFCE GUI but I have a vague recollection that it does the same
from a terminal?

I checked the Admin box on install and it looks like the user/groups are
set right unless there's something I don't know about [very likely]..

Bob.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux