Password for shutdown -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jan 19 18:39:10 UTC 2014

On 19/01/14 13:31, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:12:00 -0500
> "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>

>> I believe the permissions are ok too? It only needs to be read?
>>
>> Bob
>>

> -rw--r--r--. 1 root root 285 Sep  4
> 17:04 /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/00-no-reboot-password.rules
>
> You may need to reload polkit or reboot first to get it going.
>
> ___
> Regards,
> Frank

Yes I did reboot but I'm worried that copy and paste from your message
may have left me with some line wrap error that I'm not smart enough to
recognize. Here is what I installed copy/pasted from a terminal.

[root at box10 bobg]# cat /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/00-no-reboot-password.rules
#    /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/00-no-reboot-password.rules

/* Allow shutdown when others are logged in  */
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
     if (action.id ==
"org.freedesktop.login1.power-off-multiple-sessions" ||
         action.id == "org.freedesktop.login1.reboot-multiple-sessions")
{
         return polkit.Result.YES;
     }
});