email failure

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 01:20:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's the Gmail trap; even though it seems like plain text, it is not.
> You have to explicitly choose plain text (lower right of the compose
> window I think).  Once you do, then it becomes obvious that it was not
> plain text before.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> PS: Your latest response also had an html part.

Hi Suvayu,

A quick check of my previous post shows that it contains the following:

--001a113393e464269804f051bfd9

etc. etc.

IOW it *was* in plaintext. It did however also have a "Rich Text"
alternative part, which presumably is what violates the Guidelines (I
don't normally see that since I always set my mail clients to prefer
plaintext for reading). I'll have to remember to change that when
posting from Gmail. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to
have Plain Text as the default.

poc