F20 and nvidia

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 06:46:22 UTC 2014

On 19 January 2014 20:22, Raf Roger <raf.news at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> so for those who have a problem to make their nvidia card work under F20,
> i used the following tutorial and it worked for my Nvidia Gainward GTX 660
> http://www.tecmint.com/install-nvidia-drivers-in-linux/

Note that the nvidia .run package replaces some system-provided files with
its own copies, it may cause some problems down the road. Also if you ever
want to remove it you must use the '--uninstall' switch with the .run
package 'sh NVIDIA-Linux*.run --uninstall' to remove it, so that it puts
the files it replaced back in their places.

I think akmod failed to build the kernel module due to a recent bug in
selinux http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1684898#post1684898

[...]

--
Ahmad Samir