What new security "feature" is screwing me up now?

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch
Mon Jan 20 10:37:21 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 04:48 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 15:16:41 -0500
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>
>> It is almost like nohup isn't preventing hup and it
>> is dying in the sleep command before it starts RH.
>
> Gaaah! Well, this turns out to be just totally
> obvious. All I need to do is put this line in the
> script I background from the udev script:
>
> echo $$ > /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/user.slice/tasks
i am very curious about this! what is it supposed to do?
all i could find on systemd slice is :
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.slice.html
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.resource-control.html

but why should the current process PID be inserted in the task list of
user.slice?

Thanks!
Adrian