Password for shutdown -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jan 20 17:36:59 UTC 2014

On 20/01/14 11:24, Tim wrote:
> General purpose solution:  Copy the text, open a text editor in the same
> session, paste into it, save the file.  Now you have the text saved as a
> file, rather than just sitting in a copy buffer.
Yes, that was my first try, the session appeared to crash dumping me
back to the first session as it also did running the script in
/usr/local/bin.

Not only does it not work but it appears I am creating something I don't
want, a log-in GUI? I normally use a text screen and startxfce4.

I still have to run "systemctl start lightdm.service" and log-in again
to get lightdm so that I can log-out without a password. A lot of wasted
effort. It appears that all I want now is to have xfce start with
lightdm, So far "systemctl enable lightdm.service" has not done that and
it seems it should.

It looks like I have to tell systemd somehow to run lightdm?

I probably need to wait for Fedora-21 where things will be different.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux