f20 - Suspend not working

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 20 17:38:52 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 09:08 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-01-19 at 13:37 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Well this time (2nd resume after switching off external monitor), it
>> came up without any gnome problems.  Pretty much a clean resume.
>> Something is wrong wrt radeon and external monitor.
> I don't know if we are seeing the same issue or not, but I have observed
> that I can wind up in the situation where all the apps are in a single
> workspace after a resume. This happens if I was running dual displays
> before hibernate/suspend, but one of them is not available when I
> resume. In general you can run into problems if anything about the
> hardware (including connected peripherals) changes while you are
> suspended/hibernated.

Use the tweak tool to use static # of workspaces.  I suspect then you
will see that the apps stay in the workspace you have set them in.
Gnome is restarting, I suspect, coming out of suspend and you loose your
dynamic workspace setup.  Same if you do a <alt-f2,r>.

Given that the meetings have started here, I think I have s/r
half-a-dozen times today already.  It is working.  But of course no
external video.  Until I chair my session later this afternoon, and I
have to be connected to the room projector.