f20 - Suspend not working

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:31:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 08:02:27PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> f20 x86-64 on my Lenovo with all the problems I had installing x86_64.
>
> Well I **think** suspend was working, and now it barely works.
>
> Closing the notebook, does nothing except hose Gnome, which restarts
> on opening the notebook, and all my apps go into the current
> workspace (I have tweaked to have 5 static workspaces).  This use to
> put the notebook into suspend and would come out with no problems
> for Gnome.
>
> There is no suspend function available from the top bar.  There is
> an extension to add hibernate, but it does not seem to provide
> suspend.  And anyway, hibernate is broken on this Lenovo.

To show suspend, you have to hold down the ALT key when the dropdown is
displayed.

That said, I've had pretty consistent problems with suspend as well on
my Lenovo T530. It's hit or miss if, after a suspend, the system comes
back or if instead it shows me the grey screen with the fedora logo that
you see when booting. If the latter then I have to power off and reboot
to get my desktop back.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/