f20 - Suspend not working

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 20 21:23:30 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 12:50 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/20/2014 12:31 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
>> To show suspend, you have to hold down the ALT key when the dropdown is
>> displayed.
>
> I don't use either Gnome nor suspend, but I am curious.  Why is Gnome
> set to do this, and can it be configured to work in a more obvious
> fashion.

  Becuase those responsible for developing gnome don't see suspend as a
needed feature.  Just power off.  So an extension provides the
hibernate/suspend function, and does it with a single button approach.
I forgot about needing to hold down alt to get the button to do a
suspend rather than hibernate.  I really wish it worked the other way
around, as IMHBO (my highly biased opinion), suspend is more valuable
and used more frequently than hibernate.