mailx help

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 21 14:15:12 UTC 2014

On 01/21/14 22:00, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:54:10 +0800
> Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> mail's queue.
>> But, in my limited testing, using procmail would not require
>> sendmail.
>>
> No, it's inbuilt into cronie,
> if /usr/bin/sendmail is not there cron mails fails.
>
> man crond:
> The syslog output will be used instead of mail,
> when sendmail is not installed
>
> If you able to yum erase "mta"
> then
> systemctl restart crond.service
>
> It's doable,, if only I wrote down this stuff when doing it.

Well, it is rather late in the day.  And I don't have the time at the moment to retest.  But, I recall I had a system without sendmail installed and and I defined -m to be procmail and mail was delivered to the intended local user when MAILTO= was defined in the crontab.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts