mailx help

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 21 14:58:08 UTC 2014

On 01/21/2014 06:48 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 06:27:50 -0800
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> ad by my claws-mail as numbered plaintext.
>> I tried 'mutt -f dead.letter' and mutt said that dead.letter was note
>> a mailbox.
>>
> mailx will keep appending to dead.letter and it can grow massive,
> I have tested it as far as 8.34GB
>
> So being able to move it to something tidier is nice.

But mutt does not seem to want to read dead.letter.  So what good is
moving it?  If you can get mutt to read it directly, let me know how you
did it.

> MTA is easiest, but part of the whole draw of linux for me is,
> "How far can I push this."

For me it is "How much can I stay within the box".  So I am trying to
live without an MTA on a client, but still use cron, an important client
service.