dns/dhcp client - hooks??

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 17:02:26 UTC 2014

kevin.

the whole/partial reason for all of this.

the local system with the dhcp, doesn't have a dns!!!

you come in the lab, connect, you get your ip. as to the external
world, the dhcp serves the dns for the rest of the world. as to the
internal boxes, you get an ip, nothing more!!

it wasn't the intent to have boxes hooked up for long... we're bending
the system... so to do that, we'd rather not have to always recall
ipaddresses,  so we're going to kludge this..