Moderated message...

Mikkel L. Ellertson mellertson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 22:22:56 UTC 2014

On 01/21/2014 10:43 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Frank Murphy wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:44:07 -0600
>> "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mellertson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
>>> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
>>
>> Where do you get them!
>
> I doubt he knows.
> Methinks it predates the internet.
> Unless he is the author,
> it belongs in quotes even if he does not know the author.

It was inspired by a line in one of the Fortune answers files, but
it is not a direct quote of either the line in the fortune file or
from the source of the entry. Therefore it should not be quoted. Not
there is a quoter from Tolkien that reads:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and
quick to anger."

There is also a version of my signature that reads:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and
taste good with Ketchup!"

But I like my version better. I am trying to remember when I started
using it - it has to be more then 5 years ago.

Mikkel