Naughty question: copy Windows XP under Fedora?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Tue Jan 21 23:29:12 UTC 2014

Frank Murphy wrote:

>> It struck me that there is probably a simpler way of doing this under
>> Linux, and I was wondering if someone not of a fanatical bent might
>> help me.

> Clonezilla: http://clonezilla.org/
> It's gui based, not "expert" technical knowledge required to use.

I've been looking at clonezilla, but it seems surprisingly difficult
to get it on a USB stick in Fedora-20.

The usual advice seems to be to run tuxboot -
I gather that there was a Fedora tuxboot package,
but apparently it is no longer supported.
There were versions of tuxboot for ubuntu,
but none that I could find intended for fedora.

I tried unetbootin, which is mentioned as an unrecommended alternative.
It created a bootable version of clonezilla-live-2.2.1-25-i686-pae.iso
but when this was run it threw up hundreds of errors, including
  EXT3-fs: sda1: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features
with the same many times for each partition.

If someone has actually run clonezilla under Fedora-20
I imagine a short account of how this is done would be welcome.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net