IPv6 breakage in NetworkManager

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 02:14:19 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Seeing significant issues with IPv6. After some time, IPv6 completely seems
to stop working. IPv4 is unaffected.

Re-connecting to wifi seems to restore IPv6 connectivity.

However, various things (ssh, firefox) stop working completely. Open ssh
sessions "freeze". Web page requests time out.

At the same time, I can access IPv6 resources from other machines which do
not run NetworkManager.

Next time this occurs, I hope to have some time to diagnose this problem
further. In the meantime, is anyone else seeing such breaking wrt IPv6?

Something to note, I run numerous servers with IPv6, both physical and
virtual. These servers run CentOS; None run NetworkManager, and all have
working IPv6 connectivity.

Cheers,

Dan