gphoto2 only as root -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 22 17:55:09 UTC 2014

Now I have another problem where user  "bobg" is not authorized!

[bobg at box10 ~]$ gphoto2 --get-all-files
*** Error: No camera found. ***

For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
gphoto2 as follows:

     env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt
--get-all-files

Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

But the camera is detected:

[bobg at box10 ~]$ gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model Port
Nikon Coolpix S3100 (PTP mode) usb:001,004

So I tried installing Digikam.

It also "fails to connect" to the camera although it is listed under
"Import."

All of these things work in Fedora 19, and I am not required to enter my
password for so many things like simply doing "Restart or Shutdown." So
why do I even bother trying to run Fedora-20? I dunno, masochism perhaps?

Any help with the gphoto2 problem appreciated.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux