gphoto2 only as root -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 22 18:35:46 UTC 2014

On 22/01/14 13:21, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jan 2014, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
>> Now I have another problem where user "bobg" is not authorized!
>>
>> [bobg at box10 ~]$ gphoto2 --get-all-files
>> *** Error: No camera found. ***
>>
>> For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
>> Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
>> If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
>> developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
>> gphoto2 as follows:
>>
>>     env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt
>> --get-all-files
>>
>> Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.
>>
>> But the camera is detected:
>>
>> [bobg at box10 ~]$ gphoto2 --auto-detect
>> Model Port
>> Nikon Coolpix S3100 (PTP mode) usb:001,004
>
> This sounds similar to a scanner problem from a recent thread.
>
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>>> Here is what I did:
>>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2013-September/137284.html

>> Ok Michael, that apparently works. The only thing I had to change were
>> the codes for manufacturer and model. A test scan works without running
>> my permissions script. That's better than fooling with the permissions
>> as I did. However I was able to copy the documents I wanted with my lame
>> fix.
>
> Perhaps googling gphoto2 and udev would give you the right formula.

Perhaps, I'll look into that, but I should not have to do anything other
than yum install ghoto2. I snapped some snow photos this morning and
found I had no application to extract them from the camera. I yum
installed gphoto2 and eventually digikam out of desperation, neither
worked as I indicated above.

I restarted this computer in F-19, installed gphoto2 and it worked as
expected, no fiddling with peripheral stuff! Obviously something has
gone wrong with my F-20 system and I am beginning to consider
re-installing from scratch, that or just run an instance in VMWare ...

Thanks,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod