procmail testing

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jan 22 22:09:36 UTC 2014

On 01/22/14 23:37, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> So you are correct that the formail is needed, as the reader does not have a date to show on displaying the message.  It does use the date in the first 'From ' line for the list of messages, and that mislead me yesterday.
>
> But I am having a problem of how to specify this:
>
> CRONDARGS=-m "formail -a "Date: `date`" | /usr/bin/procmail -f cron"
>
> The quoting is wrong.  How do I get the quoting right for this arg list?

I would "cheat".

I would put formail -a "Date: `date`" | /usr/bin/procmail -f cron in a bash script called "mailme" in /usr/local/bin and then set

CRONDARGS=-m /usr/local/bin/mailme

Worked fine here....  Don't forget, of course, to make mailme executable.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts