EXFat file system

doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Jan 23 02:55:57 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 07:34 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 01/22/2014 06:29 PM, Jim wrote:
>> I have a GoPro Camera that has formatted the SD Card to a ExFat file
>> system and Linux cannot read the sd card.
>> What do I have to do to be able to read card, I can only read it in
>> Windows 7.
> yum search exfat
>
> exfat-utils.x86_64 : Utilities for exFAT file system
> fuse-exfat.x86_64 : Free exFAT file system implementation
>

> Try installing fuse-exfat

My previous reply assumed you had a substrate material you wanted to use
to make a printed circuit.
If that is not the case, perhaps what you really want to know, for some
reason,  is if the material is excessively lossy. A crude "measurement"
is to put the material in the microwave oven along with a glass or cup
of water.
Run the oven on high for about a minute. (The water is to provide a load
to the maggie in case the material is *not* lossy.) It the material gets
warm, is is somewhat lossy. If it gets hot, it is very lossy. It would
be wise to
watch thru the window--if it starts to smoke, stop the test!

--doug, WA2SAY