Any sound at all in Fedora 20?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jan 23 13:50:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 08:20:22 -0500,
   Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 07:20:03 -0500
>Tom Horsley wrote:
>
>> Is there some system service I may have disabled
>> in my ignorance that needs to run in order to
>> have sound?
>
>That must be it. If I run a live USB fedora 20 on the
>same machine, I get sound. I saved off a list of everything
>I thought might be relevant about the live image,
>now I just gotta compare it to the installed system
>and see what I'm missing :-(.

In the past I had a problem with old config information breaking PA. Removing
the PA config and reinstalling to get the default fixed things. This might
be worth checking. (This would be stuff under /etc/pulse .)

You can check (via a gui) for stuff being disabled using pavucontrol. It
would be odd for stuff to get disabled without you explicitly doing it.