ARRGH: Anaconda F20: dumb Dumber DUMBEST!

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jan 23 15:52:29 UTC 2014

Now this sort of blind stupidity really irritates the hell out of me.

I was trying to do a stand-alone install of F20 on my laptop. The
installer knows that I have an Intel 3965 wifi setup, but NetworkManager
*would not connect* no matter what I tried. So I continued, without
network access.

Anaconda burped in the middle of the install with a fatal error:  No
more mirrors!   I presume it was searching for an update (for
PackageKit)...  WTF???
Whoever thought that requiring network access was a good idea needs to
be taken out and spanked.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury