ARRGH: Anaconda F20: dumb Dumber DUMBEST!

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 23 18:30:08 UTC 2014

On Jan 23, 2014, at 8:52 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> Now this sort of blind stupidity really irritates the hell out of me.
>
> I was trying to do a stand-alone install of F20 on my laptop. The installer knows that I have an Intel 3965 wifi setup, but NetworkManager *would not connect* no matter what I tried. So I continued, without network access.
>
> Anaconda burped in the middle of the install with a fatal error:  No more mirrors!   I presume it was searching for an update (for PackageKit)...  WTF???
> Whoever thought that requiring network access was a good idea needs to be taken out and spanked.

This is what install media? DVD.iso, netinst.iso, live desktop iso? What is Installation Source set to when this happens? By default it's set to Local Media for DVD and live desktop. And by default in Installation Source the option "Don't install the latest available software updates" is checked. I've done numerous no network installs while QA'ing F20 and have never once encountered what you're reporting.

Chris Murphy